Services and Benefits
Services provided in the Adult Day Program
The program's activities will focus on enriching the participants' lives, building upon their skills, knowledge, and unique abilities and strengths. Below are some of the activities that are available:
- Arts and crafts
- Musical entertainment and sing-a-longs
- Mental stimulation games such as Bingo or Trivia
- Stretching or other gentle exercise
- Discussion groups (books, films, current events)
- Holiday and birthday celebrations
- Local outings.
Benefits of the Adult Day Program
Our adult day program offers a win/win situation for everyone in the family—not only the participant who attends the program, but also for the family member who has primary responsibility as caregiver. The adult day program provides a much-needed respite for the caregiver, affording a break from the physical demands and stress of providing round-the-clock care.
For the participant, the benefits can be extensive:
- a safe, secure environment in which to spend the day
- enjoyable and educational activities
- improvement in mental and physical health
- enhanced or maintained level of independence
- socialization and peer support
- nutritious meals and snacks.